Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Ugly season

Yeah I know I hzven't written much on the Habs this year, hell what really is there to write about.  A few spread out good runs follow by long runs of ineptitude.  Massive injuries to key players has us 3rd from the bottom in the NHL and dead last in the Eastern Conference.

In my wildest dreams, I could never have seen that happen this year.  Remember we were one shot away from eliminating the eventual Cup champions last year. 

We have 19 games to go and the only thing left to be determined is where we draft in the top 5.

A bright light has been the play of Max Paciorretty this year who has 25 goals.  Not many others have stood out.  It is the longest year for the team since I started following them in the 1970s. 

It is funny how so many wanted Martin fired, he was ruining the team etc, yet he had us one game over .500 and now we are five under. 

At least this should end the tenure of Timmins and Gauthier.

More to follow but if I write much more now, I might puke.

No comments:

Post a Comment